New Graduates Welcome
New staff generally provide PM shift coverage with the ability to move to AM shift based on availability and seniority. All shifts are 10hrs (PM shifts run 1PM – 11PM).
Training will be provided for new graduates and nurses new to mental health.
Nursing staff shall hold a valid LVN or LPT license and perform the following nursing services within the scope of their license.
Services shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Involvement in the planning and implementation of each client’s care plan including assessment and documentation.
- Obtaining and documenting physician orders for medical care, laboratory work-ups and administration of medication.
- Monitoring of client’s height, weight, and vital signs.
- Writing weekly and monthly progress notes.
- Notifying the physician promptly of any sudden marked adverse change in signs, symptoms, or behavior exhibited by a client.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the psychiatric profession employees are to engage in crisis prevention procedures for the safety, health, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- In addition to specific job duties, due to the nature of the psychiatric field, at times, you will be expected to stand for long periods of time, bend, kneel, lift, carry, and walk swiftly or run.