All rehabilitation staff shall have graduated from high-school or possess a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and have a minimum of two years full time work experience (or it’s part time equivalent) working in a mental health program serving patients with severe and persistent mental illness or developmental disabilities.
A Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Science can be substituted for two years of experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Activities Assistant at California Psychiatric Transitions will be under the supervision of the Program Director and Activities Coordinator.
- Develop and implement creative, expressive, educational, psychosocial, recreational, and activity-based groups that will effectively engage residents and support their treatment plans.
- Monitor residents on outings to support successful integration and involvement with the community and drive a 15-passenger van if qualified to do so.
- Assist with vocational rehabilitation program to help residents learn and practice work-related skills, and document vocational rehab progress monthly.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to further develop programming for residents and assist on the floor when needed.
- Plan and implement themed events, as well as holiday festivities.
- Provide therapeutic counseling support in all aspects of position, and effectively use de-escalation skills as needed.
- Document therapeutic progress made by residents on a quarterly basis, in addition to documenting incidents and psychiatric symptoms as they occur.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training as designated or required.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the psychiatric profession, employees are to engage in crisis prevention procedures for the safety, health, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- Meet with residents individually on an as needed basis to facilitate activities.
- In addition to specific job duties, at times, you will be expected to stand for periods of time, bend, kneel, lift, carry and walk swiftly or run.