Day Shift – 8am to 8pm
California Psychiatric Transitions is a fully licensed 98 bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center located on seven and a half acres in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley.
The Mental Health Worker position has the most direct client contact at our facility. MHW’s make up the largest department and work three to four 12 hour shifts per week.
All rehabilitation staff shall have graduated from high-school or possess a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Preferred One year of experience with direct patient or client care in a mental health, medical, or human services setting.
60 college semester units.
(Desirable – 15 semester units in behavioral sciences.)
- Help develop, plan and implement rehabilitation groups/activities.
- Assist in socialization and community integration groups/activities.
- Insure client safety and comfort.
- Provide resident supervision and advocation.
- Counsel residents on the activities of daily living.
- Conduct daily groups and encourage participation.
- Chart signs and symptoms of resident behavior.
- Report behavioral changes to medication and document all unusual occurrences.
- Chart on 1:1 and Q15 monitoring.
- Document residents daily progress in their plan of rehabilitation.
- Attend in-service training as designated or required.
- Note all worthy events pertaining to resident care or treatment.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the psychiatric profession employees are to engage in crisis prevention procedures for the safety, health and welfare of the residents and staff.
- In addition to specific job duties, due to the nature of the psychiatric field, at times, you will be expected to stand for long periods of time, bend, kneel, lift, carry and walk swiftly or run.